Pan and Casserole

This blog is about cooking as a student. Fast cooking, slow cooking, gourmet cooking, easy cooking you name it, we've got it.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Baked Tuna Steaks Italian Style

This delicious seafood dish is quick and easy to make. I have just made it for the first time and could not resist sharing the experience.

All you need is:
  • 0.7 - 1 lb of fish ( I've used Ahi Tuna)
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cut white vinegar
  • 2.5-3 tbsp of finely minced fresh basil leaves
  • 2.5-3 tbsp of finely minced fresh garlic (about 5-6 cloves)
  • salt, pepper, thyme by taste
Instructions:
  • mix all ingredients but fish
  • pour the mix over the fish steaks, let it marinate for 30 minutes
  • bake in the oven at 420 degrees for about 10-15 minutes
    • let the oil boil for a bit
    • be very careful when taking out of the oven, hot oil can cause bad burns
Serve hot over potatoes or rice. I also like to pour the oil over the side dish.

You may be tempted to try using pre-minced garlic or dried basil leaves, but I suspect that the result is not going to be the same. Fresh ingredients are very important here, IMHO.

The original recipe comes from cooks.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home